Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm Too Busy Today

Today is my big "crazy" day of the week - besides taking care of my own kits, and the Thore critters, plus Lucy, and staying at the Barrera's (not to mention walking Rosie and Remy), I get to see my therapist at 11 this morning, see my fistula surgeon at 2 this afternoon, and then pick up Lynn and Ed from the Denver Airport around 5.  Sheesh!  I need to remember that I don't like being rushed, and that I want to cut back on taking care of several places at one time.  -  It got up to 98 degrees yesterday, the humidity was at 7%, and there was a drying, warm breeze blowing from the northwest most of the afternoon. It was hot. Even though there was a fireworks ban , the people behind Maggie May's house shot off fireworks from 8 p.m. until almost midnight.  I know that at least two families were ticketed last night for not observing the moratorium, as the paper reported them. 
My kits were very happy to see me this morning - they jumped on me and rubbed their scent all over me as soon as I got in the door.  I fed, loved and played with all of them.  - Maggie May awoke me at 5 this morning, wanting her breakfast, and demanding that I open the pet door for her.  -  Then at 6, I went over to Lucy's, and found she had left me three poop piles since 11 last night.  I fed her, cleaned up the poop, and took her for a walk. - Then it was over to the Thore house, where I loved and fed the 3 cats and one dog.  I'll feed the koi at the Thore house later this morning, and take care of the rats and fish at the Barrera house when I return. - Since Lovey and Nedi are outside on the patio, Mocha is stretched out on the love seat.  Nedi still just hisses at her, but Lovey removed some of Mocha's fur in a spat yesterday.
The Chincoteague Volunteer Fire Department's Carnival began running Saturday night, and will end this year on the 31st.  Of course, the crowning moments are the three days of Pony Penning, which will happen on July 27, 28 and 29 this year.  I hope the Fire guys make good money this year!

No comments: