Friday, July 8, 2011

Lightning Storm

After blogging last night, I moved into the kitchen and started my prep work for the Berry Uglies.  Then several more lightning storms came through the area - I had had the TV on, as She Wore a Yellow Ribbon was playing. The power began to go on and off - and I had to laugh because of the bits and pieces of song and dialogue that I heard from the movie.  As the lightning was so erratic, along with the power outages, and the storms continued in waves for several hours, I had to give up the plan of baking the BUs last night. Even though I had, by that time, turned the TV off, it kept turning itself back on for a few minutes - thanks to the electrical charges in the air, I guess.
When I finally fell asleep, having run out in between storms to take Lucy out, and then visit Brandi, I had really strange dreams.  I dreamed I was walking about a town, and I knew who I was, but had no idea where the town was - and they didn't speak any language that I could recognize.  Then, in a couple of dreams, I was in very familiar places, but didn't know who I was.  Then, in another dream, I was in the passenger seat of a car, and was with four librarians - we started to go down a hill (like one sees on a roller coaster), and the driver told me to hold on - and the vehicle did a loop-the-loop...  In the dream, I lost my lunch....  After that dream, I seemed to be in places I recognized, but it was as if all the usual physical properties of the universe could be broken - I know that I walked through several solid walls in one part of a dream.  After giving up on the baking, I did read a part of Dragonflight last night, but reading about Lessa and F'lar and Pern have never affected me in that way before....  Hmmmm. Is a puzzlement.

No comments: