Sunday, July 17, 2011

National Ice Cream Day

Today is National Ice Cream Day in the US.  I remember, as a child, being out in the yard on a hot day and enjoying eating freshly made ice cream - usually vanilla, but also peach and strawberry.  Sweet, smooth, creamy... and cold. Mmmm-mmmmm.  Please enjoy your favorite type of ice cream today!  I also remember that Mom used to purchase a box of Neopolitan ice cream, and to be certain that everyone got the same amount, she'd use a knife and cut a slice for each person from the end of the carton.  Good memories of good times.

We are expecting highs near 100 through Thursday, and with high humidity - or at least high for Colorado. (I know that our humidity is laughable to to those folks in Florida and along the coasts.)  I have had the fan running since Friday afternoon - pulling cooler air from the hallway out into the living area.  The kits seem to like it.  -  And I finally saw where Nedi is "hiding": When Banichi first joined our family, he couldn't jump very well, so I always left a lower dresser drawer open a few inches, so he could use that as a "stepping stone" to jump higher.  Even though the Nich-mon has been gone for over a year, I haven't closed that drawer.  Nedi is sleeping inside the drawer, at the very back.  There's that mystery solved!   Today I will spend at home, do a load of laundry, and "straighten up" the apartment prior to Tuesday (since Kathy will bring me home from the hospital and stay for a couple of hours).  All I have to do tomorrow is walk the Rs.  Then vegetate until Tuesday...  What a nice, quiet time!

No comments: