Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesday Drivel

Lynn called me at 11 p.m. last night to say that ,"unless Christine changes her mind," she won't need my services through Sunday as scheduled.  So I'll be at Alexy's tonight and tomorrow night, and then at home until the first of August.  It will be so nice to sleep in my own bed for more that three nights in a row!  - I am still walking the red kids on a daily basis, plus I have Rascal to care for and play with until Saturday evening; not to mention Cloudy and Shady at Alexy's, of course.  I have already taken care of Rascal, walked the Rs, and stopped in at Alexy's to greet and love her two kits.  I'll be heading back there in a couple of hours.  Jim, the maintenance man, is mowing the apartment lawn, so Lovey is sitting beside me, with her tail wrapped around my left arm.  Nedi is in the cat tree watching Jim, and Mocha is stretched out asleep on the tile floor.
The rains here in Boulder last night were spotty and not very heavy at all - but to the east of us, the Plains got 2 to 4 inches of rain overnight.  I took photos of Boulder Creek this morning at 6 a.m. - the rock I usually sit on to read during extremely hot days is completely submerged.  The Creek is flowing at 1100 cubic meters of water per second today, so there's no hope that tubing and swimming in the Creek will be allowed soon. (The flow rate has to be under 700 before the ban will be lifted.)
At the thoroughbred breeders sale in Japan, a yearling filly sold for 360 million yen - or $4.365 million in US currency.  ...  The owners of Uncle Mo, the Kentucky Derby favorite who did not run, hope that he will return to racing in the fall. He is being readied to return to Todd Pletcher's training stables.  ...  And I'm ticked off with the local newspaper - 6 weeks ago, a man was attacked by a dog while out walking in the woods.  The man had a hunting knife with him, and stabbed the dog repeatedly, causing it to die.  The man was bitten on the face, arm and stomach, and ended up with a lot of stitches.  The reason I'm ticked off is that 6 weeks after this happened, the local newspaper runs a headline that screams: "Man Attacked by Pit Bull"  followed up with "They all need to be killed."  Why was this not reported in the paper at once?  Why wait 6 weeks and then blaze headlines?The owner of the dog said that the dog had shown aggressive tendencies prior to the attack, but he had still let the dog roam off leash in the National Forest. The owner accepted the responsibility, and held his dog as it bled to death.  He stated that since the dog had apparently attacked the victim with no cause, it was right that the dog should die.  The victim is now going about stating that every single dog with any Pit Bull blood needs to be destroyed immediately.  I can understand how he feels, but that is foolish in the extreme.
 - Oh! And all except one of my Sharon Green books has arrived - and, of course, the one that's missing is the next in the series. (Humph!)

No comments: