Sunday, August 21, 2011

Critters and the Broncos Game

Lovey is pacing back and forth on my desk, talking to me, and rubbing her chin, side, and tail against my chin and glasses.  It makes typing, and thinking, difficult.  I sat on the sofa yesterday afternoon and watched the local news before going back to Alexy's to watch the Broncos game, and to be with Cloudy and Shady.  Mocha spent almost as much time on the sofa as I did - getting love and attention, scratching and petting.  She certainly is a little love.  While Mocha was getting love, Nedi and Lovey were out on the prowl, investigating the back yard and the neighbors' patios.  Rosie and Remy got their dinner when Joel called me from Lyons and let me know that he and Nancy were nearing home.  Those red dogs pester their owners for food all the time, but have realized that it doesn't work with me.  Remy and Rosie will look at me hopefully, but when I say, "No," the desist.  Cloudy and Shady came for loving during the Broncos' game, and I happily gave it to them.  Cloudy, as usual, just wanted to rub - as soon as you move your hand or fingers in any way, she bats at them (with claws out), hisses and leaves.  Shady is a snuggler.

I enjoyed, and didn't enjoy, the Broncos game.  There were several injuries to both teams, which I hated (even if I do yell, "Kill the s.o.b.!" when the Broncos defense is on the field).  In the last game, Kyle Orton ran one series in the first quarter; then Tebow played for the rest of the first and second; and Brady Quinn played the entire second half.  This week, Orton started and played half-way through the second quarter; Quinn played the rest of the second and all the third quarter; Tebow was allowed two series in the fourth, and was instructed to play what was called - no audibles; and then Weber, the fourth-string QB was brought in.  The Broncos won.  I'm happy that they won, but I wish that Tebow had gotten a little more play time - he was only called on for 2 pass plays, one which slipped through the receiver's hands (it was thrown perfectly), and the other was completed for 10 yards.  Of course Orton and Quinn had much better stats, but they were also on the field a lot longer, and were able to call audibles.  I think if Tebow will persevere, he will be a starting quarterback in the NFL - but the change in coaches, change in the game styles of the coaches, and the lock-out hurt him this year.

No comments: