Sunday, August 14, 2011

Very Little

I've had two e-mails from Alexy since she arrived in England.  While wandering in the City of London, near the Barbican, she was busy looking at the architecture ...  and suddenly found herself surrounded by hundreds of people, all walking purposefully down the street.  She was swept along with the crowd, and finally asked someone she was walking next to what was happening.  Turns out that she had gotten swept up in a building-wide fire drill that involved over 700 people.  Then, the day before yesterday, she got herself lost in the Cotswolds - she had gone out for a walk and lost her way.  I wrote back that there was no way anyone could get lost in the Cotswolds - but she was too shy to ask for directions.  (She was visiting her niece near Stowe in the Wold.)

All the kits are in fine fettle.  I made skettie for supper last night; and was disappointed to find that I couldn't watch any football.  (I could have seen one game, if I had been at home.)  Today is Kathy and Jim's 30th wedding anniversary.  I've been invited to join everyone at Colterra, a French restaurant in Niwot, owned by one of the neighbors, Brad Heap.  (He also owns Salt, the Bistro, here in Boulder.)  I just looked at the menu for tonight and I think I'll opt out and stay at home - the only thing on the menu I could order would be crispy duck breast at $36 a plate.  And I don't think any duck breast is worth that... 

No comments: