Friday, September 23, 2011

I Should NOT Laugh, But ...

For the past two days, I meant to write about the fact that mountain lions are attacking and killing llamas and alpacas in neighboring Larimer County.  I got carried away by my enthusiasms for other topics.  The loss of a pet is heart breaking, and not something to make fun of.  I feel for the lady I'm going to mention, but the headline is another typo from The Denver Post....  A woman on the western slope, near one of the ski resorts, had her 14-year-old poodle-shih tzu mix killed and carried away by a mountain lion.  The lady had turned both of her dogs out for their before-bed relief, when she heard one dog yelp. Turning on her deck lights, she saw the pet clamped in the jaws of a mountain lion, who then jumped the fence with it's prey.  I do feel badly for the owner.  But the newspaper screwed up the headline by leaving a word out :  "Fresh mountain lion issued after Carbondale dog attack" reads the header.  They left out the word  "warning"....

No comments: