Saturday, September 3, 2011

More Odds and Ends

We had some rain yesterday afternoon, along with thunder and lightning.  The lightning ignited three separate wildfires near the Boulder city limits, but all three were reported quickly and were doused.  I was supposed to go to a birthday party for Silver, the Weimareiner, yesterday evening - but forgot all about it.  I was reading a new Midnight Louie mystery and enjoying Maggie's company.  When I arrived home this morning, I found that my new sneakers and my copy of Alexy's book had been delivered after I left to dose Boo yesterday.  I have glanced at the illustrations and a part of the story, and can't wait to sit down and read The Cat Who Could Fly.    Lovey, Nedi and Mocha were all happy to see me this morning; Lovey wanted love, Nedi wanted to go out, and Mocha wanted food.  I loved them all, opened the patio door, and fed them.  Lovey hung around for a bit for more attention, then snacked and left.  Nedi left, came back, ate, and then nursed on my right arm, before leaving again.  Mocha has eaten from each plate, and is watching ESPN's College Game Day on the TV.

Versus TV will be showing the Woodward and the Forego Stakes live today at 5 p.m. (EDT).  And in November, the Keeneland breeding stock sale will offer a half-sister of Zenyatta for sale.  This bay filly's sire is HenrytheNavigator, and she is a weanling (photo by Joy B. Gilbert):

Here in Colorado, a 3 1/2 foot alligator bit a volunteer at the Denver zoo.  The man was treated and released at a local hospital, with minimal damage done to his hand.  Bob, the alligator, is often handled and is frequently used in "hands-on" shows at the zoo and at local elementary schools.  Bob is not being held accountable for the battery.  ....  And in Roanoke, Virginia, visitors and workers are mourning the death of their 19-year-old male snow leopard, Boris, at the Mill Mountain zoo.

No comments: