Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Coyotes Are Still Here

What a beautiful day!  The sun is gleaming, the wind is calm, and it's almost 50 degrees outside.  I've already taken Rosie and Remy out for their morning walk, and then I stopped in to check up on Olie, Annie, and Bentley, as I start walking them on Monday.  As soon as they saw me, all three dogs went to the room that contains their collars and leads, and were ready for me to take them out.  Their owner was impressed - usually, the dogs aren't very social.  I gave them each a small piece of treat, and told them I'd see them on Monday.  ...  Lovey and Nedi are out in the back yard taking in the sun's rays.  If I wouldn't burn, I'd go out and take a nap out there myself.
I had hoped that the north Boulder area where I walk the dogs and house-sit was free of the coyotes that moved in last fall.  I hadn't seen any, and no one had reported seeing any since June.  Darcie saw one last week, and on Tuesday, I saw one in the neighborhood.  I sent out a coyote sighting warning to all of the neighbors  - no one else has seen them, but Annie, the Anatolian Shepherd, has been alerting her owners all summer long that the coyotes are in the neighborhood.  Several of the local cat owners were upset to hear that the coyotes are still hanging around.
I am now almost completely booked through August of 2012, plus Christmas and New Year's 2013.  It's amazing.  I still can't believe that I have this business, and that so many animals (and their owners) like me.  It scares me sometimes.  But I try to treat each and every person as if I were the customer, and not them; and I treat the critters as if they were my own.  I dearly love each and every animal/friend/pet  I take care of.  Otherwise, I wouldn't continue to care for them.  Each one has their own personality, each one gets treated like an individual, and I respect all of them.  (Maybe that's what makes me good at doing what I do?)  ....  In any event, I'll write more about my Florida adventures soon.  -  And it's almost the weekend!  Hope Friday's quitting time comes soon for you!

No comments: