Saturday, November 26, 2011

Dreams of Mauda

It's bright, but chilly, today; we might reach 40 degrees as a high.  We'll see.  Supposedly, we'll be in the 60s tomorrow through Wednesday, with snow forecast for Thursday morning.  -  A December first snowfall; how appropriate! - Nedi is lying in the sun on the patio; while Lovey is basking behind the window glass, inside.  I spent several hours with the kits yesterday; Lovey and Nedi both came and curled up to sleep on top of me for quite a while.  ....  Shady and Cloudy came in when I returned to Alexy's yesterday afternoon; Shady spent most of the evening and night in my bed.  Cloudy, on the other hand, was in search of Alexy, and, almost every hour, I could see her on the prowl, trying to find her Mom.  This morning, it was 17 degrees when I got up, and both Shady and Cloudy went outside and came right back in, so I closed the kitty door before I left.  And Cloudy actually allowed me to stroke her for several minutes - she was laying on the divan in the art studio, and just drank up the attention.
I dreamed last night that I was riding Mauda LuAnn - she was round and well-muscled, and we were rounding up the ponies on Assateague.  I always rode her with an English saddle, or bareback, but in this dream, she had on a fancy, silver-mounted Western saddle and bridle, and the leather was a rich burnt oak color.  She looked gorgeous. - I looked like I always do: short, round, dumpy; but I wasn't wearing my indispensable glasses (even though I could see normally).  Even though my brain said we were trail riding in Florida, when we weren't rounding up ponies, the landscape was more like a combination of Colorado and a hugely enlarged Devil's Millhopper.  I woke up smiling because of that dream.  ....  Then, on the bus, the driver treated us to a filk song that he wrote - sung to the tune of "Johnny Angel."  He said he wrote it prior to the Broncos - Miami Dolphins game, and the first line is: "Johnny Elway, please trade Orton..."  When he finished singing, 6 of the 10 passengers broke into applause (including me).
The CU Buffaloes gave fans a big lift yesterday, by winning their third (and final) game of the season against Utah, one of the new Pac-12 opponents.  It was the first game they had won away from Folsom Field in 24 games....  they won by a field goal, 17 to 14.  It was the first time that all of the defensive starters could play together; and much-maligned quarterback Tyler Hansen was able to score a TD on his own two feet.   ............    Today, I'm looking forward to the Florida-Florida State game, and the South Carolina-Clemson  game; their kick-offs are 30 minutes apart, with Florida on ESPN and South Carolina on ESPN2.   On Sunday, I'm looking forward to the Broncos defense wiping the sneering smile off  Phillip Rivers' face!

No comments: