Monday, November 28, 2011

Football and Today's Duties

I am really glad that Dad taught me to appreciate a good defense in football games -  I'm not exactly sure when it started, but I do remember discussing Jack Youngblood's plays during Sunday afternoon Rams games.  I have always appreciated the total physicality of a good defensive player.  Since I moved to Boulder, I've been an unshakable fan of Champ Bailey's.  In the last three years I have added the entire starting line-up for the Broncos, on defense.  Yesterday's Broncos' win over the Chargers was a team effort - but I have to admit that I was standing up and cheering the defense quite a bit!  (And the Redskins were able to win yesterday, too!) - And being able to watch two episodes of Person of Interest before going to bed last night certainly put me into an even better frame of mind for sleep!

It's cloudy outside, the air is damp, and there is a breeze blowing off the snow to the west - it's not a pretty day outside.  Since Remy is having X-rays at 11 this morning, I'll be over to walk Rosie about 11:15.  Then I'll stop by and visit Alexy, and come back home.  I need to do laundry this week, and since the forecast for Thursday is a high of 26, with snow, I'll probably wash then.  I also need to sit down and straighten out my work schedule for December and January - I know I have a few over-lapping days, where I'll be staying at one house, and feeding and medicating furries at another.  (I also need to e-mail Amy and set up a return of her key in exchange for my check.) Then I'll start entering the data for the Snow-Sanford family tree - I have more than 1000 printed pages of information, so it should be interesting! ....  Lovey slept with some part of her anatomy touching me all last night;  Nedi crawled under the covers, but got too warm, and slept beside my pillow.  It's nice to know I'm loved.

No comments: