Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Is Cold This Morning!

It's 17 degrees outside, there's frost on everything, and, with the breeze, the wind chill is at 6 degrees.  It is cold this morning!  At least it's not windy, as it's been for the past four days - that would make the wind chill in the negative numbers, and I wouldn't be stepping out to walk the red kids and the Anatolian Shepherds.  I do have the back door cracked open, and Nedi and Lovey are on the sunny patio, soaking up warmth.  ....  I still don't know what it is that Nedi caught and turned loose in the kitchen yesterday.  It is still chittering under the refrigerator when Nedi tries to poke at it.  But I haven't been able to get any look at it.  At this point in time, I feel that it's a chipmunk, but that is just a guess.
I have to thank my friend Kathryn for introducing me to author Virginia Lanier; I started reading her first book Monday night before going to bed.  I turned my light out and put the book down the following morning at 6:30 a.m. - took a two hour nap, and awoke refreshed.  I spent yesterday evening finishing the book, Death in Bloodhound Red, and can't wait to read the next five books in the series.  I also need to stop by the public library and return my books; but I won't check out any more until I'm near the end of the latest book in Virginia Lanier's series.
Hickstead, the Olympic gold medal winning Dutch Warmblood stallion, died last week due to a ruptured aorta and subsequent heart failure.  ....  A beagle-mix dog survived the gas chamber in an Alabama animal pound; the other animals died, but this dog walked out when the door was opened.  He has been named Daniel, and is currently living with his new family in New Jersey.  Daniel will become the "spokes-dog"  for a group of people campaigning against the use of old-fashioned gas chambers to euthanize unwanted and unadopted animals.  ....  Bradley Cooper was named People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive" today.  I've looked at a photo of him, and he does absolutely nothing for me. And, who is he anyway?  Is he a sports figure, an actor, a person with money?  I could understand it when Mark Harmon, Sean Connery and Kevin Costner were named the sexiest man alive - but this young thing that looks as if he has no character whatsoever?  - Nahh!

No comments: