Friday, November 4, 2011

Mentally Messed Up Am I

I am having a hard time getting my brain to focus on time zones and differences between EDT and MDT - then then we end Daylight Savings Time on Sunday!  Yeeeesh!  I think my visit to Florida has scrambled my brain and time zone connections....
In any event, Coverage of the Breeders Cup Races on Saturday will begin at 2 p.m. EDT on ABC stations, and then will switch to the ESPN station at 3:30 EDT.  Six races will be run today, with coverage beginning at 4 p.m. EDT on ESPN2; 9 races will be run tomorrow, but I get the feeling that the coverage of the Marathon, run at 1 and 3/4 miles, will be very little, if any.  (And I still think it absolutely stinks that the female specific races are run on a Friday, while the "big" races will be run on Saturday!  That's sexual discrimination!)
Of the 74 runners in today's races, only one is a grey/roan; the others are bays (57) or chestnuts (16).  There is a mare who looks black, but her registration papers list her as a dark bay or brown.  Runners who have Forli* bloodlines are: My Gi Gi, Up, Royal Bonnie, Elusive Kate, Ann of the Dance, Dear Lavinia, Customer Base, and Somali Lemonade in the Juvenile Fillies Turf.  Only one runner has Forli* blood in the Filles and Mares Sprint: 4-year-old Champagne d'Oro; I like the looks of Great Hot, Turbulent Descent, Switch, and Golden Mystery. In the Fillies and Mares Turf, I like the way Harmonious looks; the Forli* bloods are: Cambina, Nahrain, Announce, Aruna, Perfect Shirl, and Misty For Me.   In the Ladies Classic, the Forli* line is found in: Satans Quick Chick, Plum Pretty, Medaglia d'Amour, and Super Espresso.  I like the looks of Ultra Blend in he Classic, and I like the breeding of Miss Mitch, It's Tricky, and Royal Delta.
  There are just too many for me to choose from before I see them on the track!  -  I'll let you know how I did (pretend betting) later!

No comments: