Monday, November 21, 2011

Noisy and Busy

It's 46 degrees out and very cloudy.  I've walked Rosie and Remy, walked the Wessell dogs, visited Alexy (to learn the ins and outs of her new computer), and am now with Aiko and Yoshi.  The house is being renovated, so I'm closed in Mary's office with the two Shih Tzus - and am surrounded by the sounds of workmen hammering, drilling, and sawing.  I introduced myself to a man in the driveway, who was using a jig saw, and let myself in through the second garage.  I took the boys out for a potty break, gave them a treat, and sat down at the desk.  (I'm very happy I brought lunch along - I'll be having a bagel in a few minutes.) It's snowing in the high country, and all the ski resorts that haven't yet opened will do so this weekend for Thanksgiving.  There should be plenty of snow to go around.  Last Friday, three resorts opened, and there were deaths at two of them - college boys who had a lot of time on the slopes in previous years.  It's so sad that one can die having fun....  And I should know - I've been told multiple times, by doctors, that I should never get on a horse again.  But I still ride, as often as I can.  If I die from falling off a horse, at least I'll die happy.   ....  Anyway, it's supposed to be in the 60s Wednesday and Thursday, so at least it won't be excruciatingly cold for the family gathering in Fort Collins.  And my kits knew something was up this morning, and didn't want me to leave.  Lovey spent the morning laying across my bosom, and crying if I shifted position.  Nedi had a blast running in and out, and trying to get Lovey to chase him. Once I closed the patio door and started getting  my gear together, he attached himself to my lap and didn't want to let go.  But they are good kits and will love me all the more when I return home this evening.

No comments: