Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Quick First Post Today, More Later

I had a migraine that would not end yesterday.  I was fine until I returned home after walking the red kids - they were so excited to see me, that  it was embarrassing.  It was like I hadn't seen them in a couple of weeks, instead of just over the weekend!  But I was either in bed with the blankets over my head or throwing up in the bathroom from noon until about 3 this morning.  Yuck!  ...  Today, the Indian Peaks and Mount Audubon are under a beautiful white blanket; the snow that was forecast for Boulder never appeared, and it's 25 degrees and sunny outside.  I'll be headed out to walk the red kids again in a bit, hoping that I don't finish today as I did yesterday.  The kits have been sticking pretty close, even though I've opened the door several times for them to go out and play.  I guess they could tell that I was ill.
And one last bit about horse racing for this year:  Black Caviar, the champion Australian sprinter is now a 16-times winner; 16 races, 16 wins.  ....  US Champion mare Zenyatta had a half-sister on the auction block yesterday, and the filly sold for $1.5 million.  ....  Uncle Mo, who finished tenth in the Breeders Cup Classic, has been retired from racing and will stand at Ashford Stud in Kentucky.   ....  No word yet on A. U. Miner and his sesamoid operation.  ....
Earthquakes in Oklahoma!  My cousin and her family in Wichita, Kansas are feeling them - and Sarah says that Sam and Sebastian (two of her three cats) are good at giving her warning signals of a shaker before it hits.  ....  I never have been a boxing fan, but Smokin' Joe Frazier was a good man, and a great representative of that sport.  His loss of life due to liver cancer is a sad event; especially since he was diagnosed with the illness less than 4 weeks ago.

No comments: