Friday, November 18, 2011

Windy, Again

The wind started blowing again around 4 this morning.  The weather folks say that our high today will be in the low 60s, but with this wind blowing, the wind chill is in the 40s.  The wind is blowing from the west-northwest at 15 to 20 mph, with gusts up to 60 mph forecast.  Nedi and Lovey are lying in my wicker patio chairs, soaking up the sun, and using the back and sides as wind breaks.  Remy had an acupuncture appointment yesterday evening, and I'm not walking him or Rosie this morning; but I will be heading out to walk Olie, Annie, and Bentley later.  Afterwards, I'll head for the Carnegie library, so I can use Ancestry.com at no cost for a few hours. (There, I can look into Mary Moman and her family.)
I saw my therapist yesterday, and we spoke about how much I enjoyed my trip to Florida.  She asked if I had thought about moving back, so I listed all the pluses and minuses I'd already come up with about moving.  The cost of housing is definitely lower in Florida than here in Boulder, but I would need transportation, which I don't have to worry about here.  Plus I'd need to find a place where I could have the kits - and I am comfortable with them here...  We went back and forth over a lot of things,  and finally agreed it's something to keep in mind - but I also just re-newed my lease on the apartment for another 12 months...  So I'm definitely here for at least that long.
I like a good defensive football game, even though that usually  means it's a low-scoring game.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Denver Broncos game last night against the Jets; it was good, hard-hitting defense for the entire game.  The one offensive touchdown made by the Jets was a fluke - the runner fumbled the ball before the goal line, and an offensive tackle fell on the ball in the end zone...  The Broncos' defense made the first Denver touchdown, by running back an intercepted pass.  We were down 13 - 10 with five minutes left in the game.  Quarterback Tim Tebow engineered a 95-yard drive that saw him make the winning touch down with a minute left on the game clock.  It was a super game!  Go Gators, and Go Broncos!!!

No comments: