Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Answers

I'm walking Remy and Rosie this afternoon, as per the owner's request.  I've visited the grocery store, and checked all my usual news sources and my e-mail.  I did not sleep well last night, as I was given the answer to three mysteries by a neighbor - and the answers upset me.    I hadn't seen one of my neighbors recently, and I ran into him in the hallway yesterday evening.  I commented that I had just seen his cat, Molly, for the first time in a while, and I was happy to see her playing on the patio.  He informed me, much to my chagrin, that Lovey stalks Molly, and has even gone inside their apartment on several occasions.  I apologized.  He laughed and said that "cats will be cats" and then made the comment that "at least the evil witch that used to live next to" me "had moved."  -  He was referring to my old neighbor Chokey, who frequently ticked me off, but who always acted as if sugar wouldn't melt in her mouth.  I asked Tom why he called Chokey an evil witch.  His reply shocked me.  He had reported her to the apartment manager because he had seen Chokey throw rocks and bricks at both his cat, Molly, and at Lovey.  When the manager visited Chokey to ask her about it, Tom was invited.  About half-way through a 15 minute conversation, according to Tom, Chokey became quite upset, admitted to throwing various items at Molly and Lovey, and also admitted to poisoning Banichi three years ago, and that she was sorry that Lovey hadn't died, too.  Both Tom and the manager were shocked. - I was shocked when I was informed of this last night. - And that answers three questions I've had - (1) Who poisoned my Nichi-ji?  (2) Why are Lovey and Nedi so wary of strangers?  (3) Why was Chokey's lease revoked and she was told to move before her lease expired?  (She had said that she had absolutely no idea why it was happening....  What a lying so-and-so!)  Right now, I hope that I do not run into her anytime soon....  I'm afraid I'd be booked on Murder One.....

No comments: