Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cold, But Getting Warmer

When I left to see Dr. Shapiro this morning, it was 5 degrees outside.  I wore my jeans, wool socks, a T-shirt, a sweater, and my coat (with hat and scarf).  I was lucky to catch a Hop bus at the head of the apartment parking lot, then I disembarked at the Boulderado Hotel to catch the Skip bus.  The Skip is supposed to run every 10 minutes - due to construction and the cold weather, I had to wait 18 minutes.  During that time a young lady came up and asked if I knew whether or not the RTD buses would allow a dog to ride - her chocolate lab was shivering, and she said his feet were cold.  I told her it depended on the driver, but I felt pretty sure that if the bus wasn't standing room only that her dog would be allowed.  I'm so glad to say that the driver liked dogs and allowed my new acquaintances to ride.  While we were waiting, even though they were in the sun, the poor Lab kept picking up one foot and then the other to keep them from contact with the snow-packed sidewalks.
When I returned home, I let my kits go run outside - it had reached 12 degrees, and the sun is shining brightly.  After Nedi left wet, snowy prints across my keyboard for the third time, I called both kits inside and closed the door.  Enough is enough! .... I made a big pot of chili at the beginning of this cold spell, and Kathy stopped by and took most of it home with her.  Recently I've been eating a huge pot of ham and 15 bean soup.  Luckily, I walk the critters outside - otherwise, we'd all be forced to wear gas masks!  Which reminds of a funny you-tube video that my friend Carolyn told me about - a rider is working her horse in the dressage ring (all very proper, you know), and the horse raises it's tail and passes gas.  The horse then spooks because of the noise it made, itself....  Just remember that your pets, animals, critters, will always make you look like an idiot at some time!

No comments: