Friday, December 23, 2011

COLD, Trees and an Anniversary

It was very cold out early this morning - 5 degrees - when I left my place to go feed and medicate, love and groom Sasquatch and Tugger.  Each bus that I rode had one of my favorite drivers behind the wheel, and they each reminded me that on Monday the buses will run on a Saturday schedule, and when I debarked, they each gave me a kiss and wished me a Merry Christmas.  Tugger usually takes 45 to 60 minutes to eat his meals, but this morning, he was licking an empty dish in 15 minutes, so I was able to return home fairly early.  I'll head out around 1 to spend the night with Brandi, and once I get established there, I'll go walk Rosie and Remy and spend a few hours with them, before I return to Brandi.  (Then it will be time to feed and medicate S & T again...)  I won't be sleeping in my own  bed again until after the New Year... but I will be here every day to take care of my kits.  They need food, love, grooming, and clean litter boxes, too.
I have been "fleshing out" the Snow family tree on line for the past couple of weeks.  I originally had 337 family members that were related to my brother-in-law.  Last night I refreshed the tree and it now has 837 members on it - and I haven't even started work on his maternal family tree, yet.  I am currently going through and trying to find missing dates and places, and any missing relatives that I might have overlooked - which is how the tree has grown with  500 additions, so far.  In any event, once I start house-sitting tonight, the tree won't be touched or added to until I get back home... 
It's bright and sunny out, and the temperature has risen to 18.  At least the wind isn't blowing!  Nedi keeps running out and jumping into the snow, completely disappearing, and then erupting again with snow all over him.  Lovey sat out in the sunshine for a few minutes, but then came back inside.
*** And today is Carolyn and Greg Remling's wedding anniversary - Happy Anniversary, you two!  You know I love both of you!  Have a super weekend celebrating!! ***

No comments: