Monday, December 12, 2011

Great Music, Bad Food

I missed seeing it yesterday, as I left home for a concert and dinner with 13 minutes left in the fourth quarter, but, thanks to Matt Prater's legs, the Broncos won again in overtime.  The only quarterback currently playing that has a better win-loss ratio this year than Tim Tebow is Aaron Rodgers, who is undefeated with the Green Bay Packers.  With three defensive starters injured during the game, I wasn't sure who would win; but I should have just believed, as always.

Last night's concert was performed by Sound Circle, an a cappella women's group.  Their rendition of "I'll Fly Away" actually choked me up and made me cry.  Several of the of the performances were of poems, with the words set to tones - and some of the three-part harmonies were so moving that they left me breathless.  They are truly a group to see and hear in concert.  Last night, there were only percussion instruments, and a bowed saw used for accompaniment.  One of the "songs" was a group of five percussionists, two using deer antlers, one using dried bean shakers, one using a stick on a spine, and one using a stick on a pelvis.  The concert was truly amazing and absolutely beautiful.  I highly recommend seeing this group perform!

As we were having a late celebration of Bernie's birthday, we also went out for supper.   I have eaten once at Ted's Montana Grill as part of an 8-person sitting; I have eaten there several times by myself, too.  The service has always been excellent, as well as the food being hot and delicious.  We convinced Bernie to try eating at Ted's MT Grill last night - and Kathy, Jim and I wish now that we had not.  Other than having various people frequently refill our water glasses, the service was awful; two-thirds of my plate of food was cold - the mashed potatoes and gravy and the string beans.  Kathy and Jim ate up every bite of their dinners, but I only finished my bison pot roast.  Neither Bernie nor Connie finished their meals, partly because they were cold and partly because the food tasted bad.  So supper was a disaster following a superb concert.

No comments: