Saturday, December 17, 2011

Mish-Mash

I finally figured out why I've felt so weird this past week - I have an inner-ear infection.  I turned over in bed and the world turned red and black and started spinning at a really sickening angle.  Once I got myself back under control, I staggered over to my meds cache and took an anti-vertigo pill.  Now I'm much better.   I've done my grocery shopping, and the kits have been outside playing for 90 minutes.  I had a delicious hot breakfast sandwich from my local deli this morning - scrambled eggs, cheese, and bacon on a toasted square of panini.   And I'll be making a pot of meatballs today....  (The forecast is  a high of 46 today, 50 tomorrow, and 34 with snow on Monday.)
When I got the kits to come in the morning, just before I sat down to blog, I gave them each a toy that had been buried in a bag of my home-grown organic catnip.  Lovey is now curled up, sound asleep, with her toy snugged up against her chest.  Nedi is curled up in his chair with his toy laying on top of his side - I gave him the toy on the rug in front of the patio door.  I have to admit that I didn't want to get up this morning; it was nice and warm in bed, and I had a purring kit on either side of me.  They are definitely wonderful bed companions.
Strike the Gold, the 1991 winner of the Kentucky Derby, was put down in Turkey earlier this week, at the age of 23.  He had had problems with laminitis, but while playing and striking out in his paddock, he shattered a fetlock.  Due to his laminitis history, he was euthanized without trying to save him with surgery.  And Indian Charlie, who had a brief, but meteoric, racing history, was also put down this week.  He was only 15 years old, but he had developed a rare form of cancer, which attacks the lining of the veins and arteries - he did not respond to chemotherapy or radiation therapy, and was sadly let go.
The South Carolina Gamecocks play Ohio State today.  Go, Cocks!!!

No comments: