Sunday, December 18, 2011

Nuts

The sun is shining and it's 32 degrees outside.  I have the patio door open about 8 inches, so the kits can run in and out, and I'm wearing jeans, a T-shirt, and a sweater to keep my arms warm.  Today is game day in Denver, and they believe the temperature will be about 56 at our 2:05 kick-off time...  Tomorrow the high might get to 27, and we are expecting snow Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week.  The weather guys say that we won't have any falling from the sky on Christmas Day, and we'll have to "make do" with what's on the ground.
I had to laugh at the ravens and squirrels yesterday.  In the afternoon, the squirrels were busy burying the peanuts in the shell that I had left out for them.  Each squirrel was being stalked, on the ground, by a raven.  As soon as the squirrel buried the nut and scampered back to the patio to grab another one, the raven would use its bill to dig up the peanut, open it up, and consume it.  And even though this was happening right before the eyes of the squirrels, they kept on hiding the nuts for the ravens to eat.  Both I, and the cats, found this to be a fascinating process for an hour, while I was taking a break from searches for the Snow genealogy dates.  (I must say that I've found "Find A Grave" to be an excellent resource recently.)
Not much else going on  - the kits are sunning, I still have to do laundry and dishes, and I've just started a P.C. Doherty Hugh Corbett mystery (set in 1303 England).  Other than wishing for a new head (due to the dizziness from the inner ear infection), I'm great.   -  And Tebowmania has gripped Colorado - even Saturday Night Live had a Tebow and Broncos comedy sketch last night....   Hope you have a super Sunday!

No comments: