Sunday, January 8, 2012

Amelia Earhart

It started snowing around 3 yesterday afternoon, and I'd guess that about 3inches fell in total.  Due to the warmth of the past few days, there is less than a half-inch on the ground, and the streets are clear, other than icy patches.  It's 19 degrees out and the sun is beaming in a cloudless sky.  The kits have been running in and out, and I know that both of them have been playing in the snow: I've seen Nedi and Lovey has wet paws.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Saints and Lions game last night, and I'm looking forward to the Broncos game this afternoon.

I had to do a double-take at the TV this morning - I knew I was hearing a very familiar voice, but it suddenly dawned on me that the voice was presenting the weather segment, which it normally doesn't.  I looked to be sure, and there was Amelia Earhart, presenting the local weather segment.  When I first met Amelia, she was doing the traffic report from the 9 News chopper; lately, she's been inside on the set, showing the traffic flow via the DOT cameras.  But this is the first time I've seen her "do" the weather....  I'm sure you're wondering about her name.  She is a distant cousin (twice removed) from the aviatrix Amelia Earhart, and she was named after her.  She also has her flying license, and, at the end of last year, re-created one of the original flights of the famous aviator.  She is a very nice person and has a bubbly personality; she is also an excellent interviewer.  It was just a surprise to see her, and not one of the regular meteorologists, this morning.

I need to pack up my gear for my stay at Finn's.  His folks are supposed to pick me up before the Broncos game, so I hope to see all of the contest.  I'll return home (other than kit visits) on Thursday, and then I'll head back over to their house on the third of February, for another week.  Unless something comes up, I'll be at home until February, so I can continue to work on the Snow and Sanborn family trees, and getting my furniture rearranged to my satisfaction...   Have a good Sunday, and a great week!

No comments: