Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Home

Today has been very mild - it got up to 63 degrees - for January.  I had a great walk with Rosie and Remy this morning - we met 6 new sets of dogs, and only had "trouble" with a pair of German Shepherds, who started barking and lunging at us when we were a block apart; we passed each other on opposite sides of the street to avoid a confrontation.  Lovey spent last night plastered on top of me, while Nedi was glued to my side.  In bed, last night, Lovey decided to sleep under the covers next to my skin.  I had to laugh, because, when she emerged this morning, she spent at least 3 minutes cleaning each side of her face - eyes and whiskers.  I guess I flaked too much skin under the covers last night...

We had a dog attack last week in Aurora; a woman was walking her small dog on a leash in an apartment complex at 6:25 in the morning.  Two larger dogs, one black and one a brown brindle, without collars or tags, attacked the smaller dog together.  The owner tried to help her dog and was attacked.  A woman on her way to her car threw a blanket at the dogs - they turned and attacked her.  A passerby was able to get the first woman and dog into her car, and call 911.  A man came out to help the second woman, and was, in turn, attacked. The second woman was able to get into another vehicle, while the man jumped onto the roof of a van to escape the dogs.  As police and EMTs were arriving, with their sirens blaring, the two dogs ran off.  The man was treated and released from a local ER; both women, and the small dog, were hospitalized.  (Of course, the first report was that the two attacking dogs were pit bulls.)  Both of the attacking dogs were found, 24 hours later, beside I-470, both having been hit and killed by vehicles on the highway.  Both dogs are now described as "large, mixed-breeds."  -  And, surprisingly, no one has claimed ownership of the two.....  (yes, this last partial sentence should be read as positively dripping with sarcasm...)

I spent today tidying up my apartment - Nedi found a Knorr's chicken, rice, and broccoli package that I somehow left out, and he tore the bottom corner out of the bag, and then trotted around the house with it.  I swept, then vacuumed, and finally mopped - I still smell chicken seasonings.  I still need to do a couple loads of laundry to catch up with that chore.  But it's nice to be home.  I got to sit on my love seat, eat white cheddar Cheetos and sip Coke, and watch NCIS with Nedi next  to me and Lovey draped across my chest.  **Sigh**  Such is home....

No comments: