Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Starting Anew

Rosie and Remy had a great walk this morning - other than the wind.  When I awoke this morning, I couldn't decide if the sound I heard was the wind outside, or the heat in the vents; turns out it was both.  Nedi and Lovey are very clingy, so I guess they will be that much more so when I get back this evening.  I was able to give a lot of the family dinner food away to several needy families yesterday, so I feel better about that - I was afraid it would spoil and I'd need to toss it.  Max and his family will get the brownies - I don't think that anyone ate them, except the two Kathy and I tried (to make sure they were good) when we were removing them from the baking pans.

We're supposed to be quite warm (60s) until Saturday, when another light snow is expected.  I hope that it snows yards of the stuff over on the Western Slope - the ski resorts need it.  Thursday we will have the Annual Denver Stock Show Parade in downtown Denver - herds of long-horns, riders, bands, floats, and clowns will liven up the day.  The Stock Show itself will open this Saturday - for more information, please visit: http://www.nationalwestern.com/ .  I can highly recommend all aspects of the Stock Show - I love to visit the show animals behind the scenes; the horse, mule, draught horse, and dog shows; all the 4-H stock shows; the vendor's exhibits; and to mosey around the food courts.  There are book sellers, antique book sellers, fencing sellers, art and crafts artists, hat and boot makers stalls, ...  just about everything anyone could want!

I was very excited to learn that Blaize Clement's seventh Dixie Hemingway book,The Cat Sitter's Pajamas, will be  released today.  I was greatly saddened by her death in July last summer. She wrote a very detailed outline and was able to write a few chapters of the eighth book before she passed away.  Her son, who helped her with this new release, has agreed to write at least two more books in the Dixie Hemingway series.

No comments: