Saturday, January 21, 2012

Still Windy

Walking Remy and Rosie yesterday began at a non-windy time; within the first 15 minutes, however, the Chinook started blowing again.  After exercising the red kids for an hour, I came home, took an anti-vertigo pill and my migraine medicine, and went to bed.  I got up 15 minutes before Kathy was due to pick me up for the movie.  The Descendants was a good movie.  (I was appalled at the amount of cursing that occurred, but, in riding the bus, I heave heard much worse and from younger people.) I laughed out loud several times, and I cried a couple of times.  It's s very good story about love and family.  Having taken my meds, I was fine after the movie was over, so we toddled back to the Snow residence and picked up Jim, in order to meet with Michael, Sarah and Mike at Radda.  The food was fantastic!  (Their current menu may be found at  http://www.raddatrattoria.com/menus.php  )  I had thought that I'd only be able to order their steak; but I ended up ordering the radda salad, the risotto con zucca (butternut squash), and the cavolfiore.  A meatless meal - but more than filling and extremely satisfying!  I was so full that I turned down dessert - even just a spoonful of the Radda Tiramisu...
At the moment, the wind is quiet again, but it is expected to continue to blow this afternoon, tonight, and tomorrow.  I'm glad that I do not have to go out, unless I want to.  I figure I'll spend today doing laundry, reading, and working on the Snow family tree...  I awoke from a dream this morning that a huge spider with very tickley, long legs was crawling on my left hand and wrist.  It's a good thing that Lovey has extremely fast reflexes, for I swatted the "spider," without being fully awake - and just missed Lovey's head.  The "tickley legs" were Lovey's whiskers.  Boy did I feel foolish!
It's in the mid-30s this morning, and the kits have been outside for a while.  They decided to return when a wood chipper started up in the Millennium parking lot - they apparently decided to get rid of the downed branches while there was a break in the wind.  The Rawhide episode that's on has James Drury, Martin Milner, and William Schallert as guest stars...  and Clint Eastwood and Drury have already been jawing at each other over who's the fastest draw....

No comments: