Monday, January 2, 2012

Yesterday

I am being loved to death by Nedi.  Lovey has come to me several times for attention, but Nedi seems to be in real need.  I keep telling them I'll be home tomorrow evening, and that I'll be with them for 5 days before I take off again...  Rosie and Remy both slept with me last night, and I need to tell Nancy and Joel that their automatic waterer has stopped working. (I took it apart, cleaned it, and set it up again, but the power converter box on the end of the plug is very hot to the touch, and the water is just not flowing...)

We had a super family gathering yesterday - between 25 and 30 people - plus 2 family friends.  The big surprise came when Finn' family came home at the end of the party.  They weren't due back from Vail until this afternoon, but there is no snow in Vail.  So they came back while we still had two groups of family members and a friend in attendence.  Everyone was in the process of leaving, so it was no big deal.  But, Kathy and I then had to clean the kitchen, do all the dishes, and wrap all the left-over food - plus I had to get all my stuff together to go back home.  I think the family got home about 6:30, and Kathy, Jim, and I finally left at 9 p.m.   - Even though the family had eaten before they came home, they all ate some of what was still sitting out in the kitchen...  I think we had enough food to feed 60 people without worrying about running short of anything.

Rosie and Remy's folks return to DIA about 4 p.m. tomorrow.  I will make sure they've made it and are on the way home before I leave and return to my house.  Then, other than daily walks, I'm home again until the 8th.  Finn's family was going to go back and ski in Vail again during this week, but as  the resort isn't expecting any snow until this coming weekend, they've decided not to go back.  ....  My kits are outside playing on the snow-free grass at this time.  (And the Broncos lost, 7- 3, yesterday in a defensive battle - but since the Raiders also lost, the Broncos are in the Playoffs.  We face the Pittsburg Steelers, in Denver, next Sunday.)

I hope that all of you have a nice, prosperous New Year.

No comments: