Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cats, Dogs, and TV

It's 48 degrees out, and though the wind is pretty steady at 30 mph, I was out in my sweater just a bit ago.  The patio door is open, as usual; Lovey is on the top of the cat tree, looking out.  Nedi is in search of squirrels he can play with.  My neighbor across the hall is moving upstairs to the east side of the building, to escape the heat and dust.  That means that Lovey won't be able to terrorize Mollie any longer, as Mollie will be on the floor above us.   ....   Ooch was his usual loving self this morning.  I kept telling him that his person will be home this evening, so he could relax.  ....  When I went out to the store this morning, the wind gusted and blew me up against the side of one of the buildings.  Remy was blown over by the wind the last time we walked when it was windy, so the red kids' walk was canceled early.
  I have invited VT and his lady, Brenda, to bring Jack over to play with Finn Sunday afternoon.  The weather forecast is good, so it looks like we'll be playing out in the sun.  Sunday is also Mike's birthday, so we will all get together for dinner at a restaurant of his choice and celebrate his 31st.  I'm not sure when Annie will get out of boot camp, but I'm pretty sure she won't be here for this celebration.  We're hoping that Sarah and Michael will be able to attend. 
  I was freaked out to hear the announcer on TV say (last night) to be sure to watch the "Season Finale" of  A Gifted Man this Friday night.  I think I've seen maybe 14 episodes of the show - and it's already time for the season finale?   Then there was a preview for Blue Bloods and I was amazed to see Justin Deas' wife as the special guest star that's making eyes at Tom Selleck. Thirty years ago, she and her hubby were playing Margot and Tom Hughes on As The World Turns.  ...  And I hadn't remembered that on Rawhide Gil Favor was a widower with two daughters being raised by his sister-in-law in Philadelphia, either....  I think I'm starting to lose what few un-sloshed brain cells I have!

No comments: