Saturday, February 4, 2012

I Don't Know How to Say This.... Ummm... It's Snowing

Yep, the white stuff is still floating out of the sky.  Nedi and Lovey are disgusted; they want a clear back yard and places to run.  Instead, they have to leap into 20 inches of snow, or stay on the patio or play inside.  They both decided late last night that swimming in the snow isn't that much fun.  In some places in the back yard, the snow has piled up to the height of my waist - now, I'm only 61 inches tall, so that really isn't that incredible.   In both Pinecliffe, to the southwest, and in Jamestown to the northeast, they have recorded over 52 inches of snow so far.  The weather folks say that the snow should end by noon today - and that we should only have an accumulation of about another half-inch this morning.
  I've been to the grocery store this morning.  I thought I had a huge package of toilet paper in my storage area, but I found out I was wrong.  So I walked over to the store for TP...  I also grabbed a warm bagel.  My friend Dee laughed when she saw what I was buying.  
  A lot of people are already talking about the Super Bowl commercials.  I have no wish to see them early.  That's part of the fun of watching the game!  There was an annoying commercial on earlier this week - it got Lovey and Nedi upset, and grated on my nerves.  Last night, our local entertainment reporter said that the dogs barking the Star Wars theme was a teaser for the "real VW commercial", which will air tomorrow... even though it's been viewed more than 3 million times on You Tube.   -  Me, I still like the Budweiser ads best - the frogs, the Clydesdales, the Dalmation and the Clydesdale, and the sheep streaker at half-time (my number one pick!).
   Rachel Alexandra and her Curlin colt are back at the farm, having been discharged from the Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital.  I guess if she were mine, I'd have sent her to the clinic for observation, too - especially since she was still exhibiting signs of pain from her delivery five days after the event.  That is not normal - but she and the colt have been sent home with clean bills of health.
   Tomorrow - Go, Giants!

No comments: