Sunday, February 19, 2012

This 'n' That

We have partly cloudy skies this morning, and it's already 30 degrees outside.  But... the temperature is supposed to drop this afternoon, and the weather folks are saying we'll have snow tonight and/or tomorrow morning.  Not a lot of snow - just an inch or so.  My kits are sitting on the patio in the sunshine right now - I've got the patio door cracked open, as usual.  The previous snows have melted down to the point that about half of the ground and grass in the back yard is visible, and both Nedi and Lovey are having a blast, digging in the mud.  Then they run back inside and leave muddy paw prints on my desk and my chest.  Sasquatch and Tugger's owners are both ill, and have decided to stay at home, so all I have to do today is take care of myself and the kits.  (And I'll continue on the Snow family double-check - I'm finally working on the Ts, so I hope to start the Sanborn family next week.)
  Axel Wessell wrestled in the State Championships this weekend.  He is a junior at Boulder High, and had a severe shoulder injury and surgery about 18 months ago.  His MDs told him he'd never be able to compete again.  Last night Axel lost his match - and ended up as the # 2 wrestler in the state in the 182 pound class.  His opponent was a senior, who has been undefeated this year.  Axel said that this year was good practice for next year, and he's already looking forward to the next season.  (His folks own the house and have Oly, Annie, and Bentley, which is where I've been the past few days.)
  I have an old Samsung TV - it's a flat screen, but it has the old "box case" behind it.  I get a wonderful picture, and have no complaints.  I've been staying at houses with large screen TVs, and TVs that are supposedly "high definition."  Until this past Thursday night, I've never really managed to see a difference in image quality.  I was watching Person of Interest, and I suddenly realized that the image was so clear that I felt I could reach out my hand and touch the characters on screen.  It was an enlightening and humbling experience.  Now I want a high definition TV - but I simply can't justify the expense, since my current TV works so well.  Last night I saw a different episode of Person of Interest and NCIS: Los Angeles on that high-def Samsung screen again.  I guess I have something to save for besides a trip to Chincoteague!
  I start walking the red kids again tomorrow.  It'll be nice to see Rosie and Remy and see their "happiness dance" (a version of Snoopy's) when I arrive in the morning.  I also need to check and see how Remy's back is doing, and if he is still on short walks, with Rosie getting a longer solitary one.

No comments: