Thursday, February 2, 2012

We're Expecting... Snow??

If you managed to see Nova last night, all the footage shot on location at the dig in Snowmass, as well as the interviews with the scientists and experts at the Denver Natural History Museum, were all recorded by my nephew Adam Snow.  What you saw on the program was a part of his final work for his Master's degree in Cinematography....   He's a neat kid.
The local newscasters are calling the snow storm headed this way "Snowmageddon."  I'll believe it when it's actually here.  Yesterday they were forecasting rain or snow flurries for this morning.  It's now noon and the temperature is 41 degrees, the humidity is at 29%, and we have blue skies and sunshine outside.  Usually our storms come from the north or northwest; this one is a combination, with the cold air coming down from Oregon and Washington, but the wet is coming up from the Pacific via Mexico and New Mexico and Arizona.  The weatherman just reported we should expect 12 to 24 inches of snow fall by 5 p.m. Saturday, and that the wind will be blowing with gusts up to 50 mph, so we're to expect blizzard and white-out conditions.
Currently, my patio door is wide open and the kits are running in and out.  I did put out extra nuts for the squirrels, just in case.  I purchased extra groceries for the weekend, just in case.  I got extra goodies for the kits, a new supply of organic catnip, and a couple new toys for the kits, just in case.  I walked Remy and Rosie, but only for 30 minutes this morning, because Remy's back was giving him problems.  We spent the last 30 minutes at the Snow house, and Rosie chased her blue bone and raced and tussled with Boo and Mona.  (Remy laid down in the sun.)  I made certain to pay my respects to Suki and Banichi, and all the other loved pets in the garden.
I did want to laugh out loud while I was at the bus station this morning: I managed to catch Ray  (driving the Jump bus) a little earlier than usual and then went inside and sat down near the door, so I could keep an eye out for Geary and the 204.  I had a 25 minute wait, and during that time, 10 different bus drivers, male and female, of all races, came up and talked to me. - They are all people who have been my "regular" drivers for several months, and I've known most of them for at least 6 years, now.  As I got up to go catch the 204, I heard one of the other people waiting in the passenger area ask, "Who is she? The queen of bus riders?"  And my friend, Joe, the Native American who works at the station replied, "No.  But she's someone we wish all passengers would be."  I have to admit that made me feel good.

No comments: