Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Books, Cats, and Dogs

Lovey and Nedi knew I was upset yesterday, and stuck to me like glue.  I've worked through my angst and can now look upon Kathryn's life and current illness without becoming too upset.  -  And today, I'm wearing my red Celtic Warrior shirt for Kathryn....   I talked to my therapist yesterday, and VT stopped by several times to "make sure" I was OK.  Several friends offered to purchase plane tickets for me to go to Florida, but I declined.  I'd love to think that my being there would occasion a miraculous recovery, but I know how imbecilic that notion is.  I'm heading out to walk Remy and Rosie, and then I'll be back home to continue transcribing the Snow family tree.
  At least my History Book Club order arrived, and I now have 6 new books to read.  I have Empire of the Summer Moon, about Quanah Parker; a National Geo book titled The Untold Civil War: Exploring the Human Side of WarThe First Frontier: The Forgotten History of Struggle, Savagery, & Endurance in Early America; The Royal Stuarts; A History of the Family That Shaped Britain; Winter King: Henry VII and the Dawn of Tudor England; and Russia: A 1,000-Year Chronicle of the Wild East.  They should be able to keep me occupied for a while...  I have about 30 pages left of a mystery, and then I'll dive in.

No comments: