Monday, April 9, 2012

A Long Monday

Today has been very entertaining - I got up early and grabbed breakfast, took care of Ooch, and then waited for the water heater folks.  The manager, Greg, told me last night that he had to wait on the home-owner to make a decision between three kinds of tanks, he said he'd call her this morning for the decision.  I made the comment that she was in San Francisco, and he said,  "Yeah?",  and I said that she wasn't an early riser, to which he made no comment.  He called me at 10 this morning, stating he had called the owner more than an hour earlier, and that she had said she'd call back in 3 minutes; he hadn't yet heard from her.  I just went ahead at 10:30 and collected the red kids for their walk, leaving a note for Greg on the door, but not really worrying about it.  When I returned, I took the note down, had lunch, and played with the kits and dog; then I fed the koi, and watered the garden.  Greg called again at 1:30, and told me it probably would be late tomorrow morning before he arrived.
  So I've gone to the bank, had an ice cream cone, and am finally at home with my kits.  I'll need to stop at the store on the way back to the house, but right now, I'm enjoying a break, and have Rawhide on tap - it's "The Incident of the Dogfaces" and was written by Gene L. Coon, and is guest starring James Whitmore.    I'll go over and put Ooch to bed around 8 p.m.; and then start reading a new book.   - Mmmm, mmmmm....  I do like the sound of Eric Fleming's voice....

No comments: