Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Odd Brain

Today, I will be cheering for a 49-year-old starting pitcher; Jamie Moyer is the oldest starting pitcher for any professional baseball team, ever.  Jamie starts this afternoon/evening for the Colorado Rockies; it's the second regular game of the year, and it's against the Houston Astros.  The Rockies won their game yesterday - here's to a sweep, and praises for Jamie Moyer.  The Rockies first home game will be Monday.  -  And, tomorrow, Easter Sunday, Tim Tebow will be the person giving the guest sermon at the Celebration (non-denominational) Church in Georgetown, Texas; they are expecting in excess of 30,000 people to hear the young football star in an out-door ceremony.
   I don't normally eat out a lot - and I usually go to Applebee's or IHOP; but occasionally, I have to admit, I do stop at the one of the big three - McDonald's, Wendy's, or Burger King.  McD's and BK are on the east side of 28th Street, and Wendy's is on the west side - Wendy's is directly across the street from the other two, which are side-by-side.  I, occasionally, like to get a Smoothie and a sausage McMuffin for breakfast - especially if I'm caring for several houses, and need to travel a lot in the morning.  I can't decide why I am so bummed about the following news: the Wendy's will close Monday, and will be razed to the ground to make new parking spaces for a liquor store that's opening behind their current location; and the McD's will be razed (and then rebuilt - greener, supposedly).  That will leave only BK as a "fast-food" option.  Why does that bother me?  There are more than 30 restaurants within a 6 block radius of my apartment; the two that will go are 3 blocks away;  am I becoming so stuck in my ways that I can't accept change?
   I spent two hours laying in the sun on my patio this morning - I had taken care of Ooch, and had visited Lynn Thore's house to see how to turn the hot water valves on and off - she has a leak in her basement, and I need to be there for the contractor on Monday...  Lynn herself is already in California - and she called me twice yesterday, and three times today - we're definitely staying in touch.  The kits were puzzled by my sprawl in the recliner and my lazy pencil application to a puzzle book - but we all enjoyed each others company.  Lovey laid down under my chair, and Nedi was half-heartedly chasing a couple of squirrels.  It was a great way to spend a quiet morning.

No comments: