Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Real Twister of 24 Hours

I am in a bad mood as I write this - more frustrated than anything, but I wish I had something I could punch without hurting myself!  The water tank/heater replacement man showed up at 11:30 yesterday morning - he stayed, working until almost 8 p.m.  I had been zealously guarding the doors, as the crew had all the main doors in and out of the house wide open, and I had three indoor-only cats and a dog inside.  The back yard fence is being replaced, so I couldn't put everyone out back and sit and watch them.  I penned them all inside the den for awhile, but they weren't happy.  While they were in the den, I went out to water the peas in the garden - they are planted under a trellis just in front of the four bee hives.  A guard bee took exception to my presence, and stung the underside of my left wrist, right between two major veins.  In less than 15 minutes, my forearm looked like Popeye's after he's eaten spinach.  I took loads of Benadryl, and iced the entire forearm; today, I still have a swollen plaque, 4 by 1 1/2 inches on the underside of my wrist.  It hurts to use my fingers, flex my wrist, or apply any weight or power to it.  That's bummer #1.  While I was icing my arm, the owner of the dogs with whom I had the misunderstanding regarding care dates, showed up.  We sat in the shade on the deck, she admired the water feature, and then left me with a $50 bill - because she doesn't want to lose my services.  (The charge for what I did came to $120 - so she won that situation.)  That was my second bummer.  Then, as the water tank guy left last night, he (a) left the front door open, and all the cats escaped, so I was hunting them down in the dark, without a moon for 4 hours - until midnight ; then (b) he informed me that while the water tanks are in place, he hasn't yet turned on the heating elements, so (1) no hot water and (2) no heat if it gets cool.  That was bummer 3 and 4.  I went over to take care of Ooch, who was long overdue for his dinner, and the closing of the house curtains....  Someone, not me, my sister, or the owner's daughter, had gone in and fed Ooch something that he couldn't stomach, and I had six spots the size of dinner plates covered with vomit on the rug that I had to clean up.  Bummer #5.  When I got up this morning, after caring for Ooch, I was going to run home and take care of the kits, then go back and walk the Rs.  The underwire in my bra broke yesterday (bummer #6), and after I walked the red kids, I was going to drive over to WalMart to purchase new bras and some canned stuff I can't purchase anywhere else (certain favorite brands that local stores don't carry).  I grabbed the keys, went to the van, and found the battery was completely dead.  (Bummer #7)  Then I wrote a note to my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew and placed it on their front door, saying the battery was dead, and I asked if someone would be willing to take the 5 minutes needed to come over and jump-start the van.  (I figured, three people, one car and one truck - it's 7 a.m. and I knew they had a 9 a.m. meeting with a lawyer - but 5 minutes? Tops?)  My sister called me at 8, and said they'd gotten the note; they were running late as always, but as soon as they returned from the lawyer's office, one of them would call and come over to jump the van.  Sister was due at work at 1:30, so it would definitely happen before then.  At 2:30 this afternoon, I called her house, let the phone ring 15 times, and left a voice mail, saying I hoped that someone might be able to jump the van this evening, as I was going home by bus to care for my kits.  That was Bummer #8....
    Apparently I am so insignificant, that my request was forgotten, ignored, or brushed aside for "later"...  It takes about 8 minutes to drive from where I was to my apartment; on the bus, with good connections, it takes 60 minutes, one way.  I just want to HOWL!!!!!
   Thanks for letting me vent, if you read all the way through this...
I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow!

No comments: