Monday, April 16, 2012

Running Around

OK, so Kathy's left humerus is broken just below the shoulder; and the head of the humerus, where it sits in a socket  of the scapula, "doesn't look quite right" on the X-ray.  She sees her orthopedic doctor tomorrow morning to see what he has to say.  Currently she's in a soft cast and has her arm strapped to her body.  She seemed to be doing pretty well this morning - I stopped by and cut some coupons for her and opened some mail and packages.  That was after caring for the Thore crowd, and feeding, medicating and loving Sasquatch and Tugger, then walking the Irish Setters.  Lovey is sitting between the keyboard and me - she has been talking up a storm since I came home.  Nedi keeps running in and out, as neighbors turn their "music" volume up and down - when it's quiet out, he's out; when I can't hear my TV, he's under the bed.
    I'm hoping to sleep in my own bed for the next 10 nights, but if Kathy needs me at her house, I'll be there.  Jim is leaving for Bhutan Wednesday, and Mike is going to Texas to visit his fiancee on Thursday and will return Sunday night.  I have Sasquatch and Tugger through tomorrow night, and then dog-walking only until Thursday, April 26.  On that day I start caring for 2 yellow Labs, and the next day I add Cloudy and Shady.  The Labs care ends the 29th, and Shady and Cloudy on the 30th.  On May 3rd, I start doing a once-a-day for Peach, an elderly Lab, so she can have a potty break and her lunch while her owners are away; she's taken care of morning, evening, and night.
    I am pooped - starting with my "bad day" last week, and with Pam's illness and Kathy's accident, I feel like a limp, wet dish cloth (not to mention a week plus without hot water, and being unable to just let the dog out into the back yard because the fence was down).  I can't wait to go through the routine with Sasquatch and Tugger, and then come home to lay down with my kits in my own bed.  It'll be heaven.
    ** And I was very happy to see a pair of Rocky Mountain blue grouse the other day, while I was out walking - the male was in full mating display. They were gorgeous! **

No comments: