Friday, April 20, 2012

Waiting To See What Happens

I am not waiting with bated breath, but I am waiting to see what happens on campus today...  Yesterday, the ACLU had a hearing in front of a state judge, trying to keep the CU Boulder campus open to the public today.  The judge ruled that the CU Admin had the right to close campus, as the 4/20 Smokeout is considered a disturbance to educational events.  A liquified fish-based fertilizer has been applied to Norlin quad, with quite a noisome stench.  Police are at every college entrance, checking student and employee IDs, and checking to see if the people trying to get onto campus have registered as a visitor with business.  I have yet to see any evidence of a police presence, nor have I seen any increased activity in our parking lot.  - But there were a lot more folks in line at Starbucks inside the grocery store this morning than usual.
  I spent last night with Finn and Skippy.  My kits are running in and out; and won't be happy when I leave to walk Rosie and Remy, and then go back to the big house.  But I'll be back home before midnight - and then I will be able to sleep with my kits again.  ... I spent yesterday morning taking Kathy about, running her errands, and shopping.  It's going to be hectic until Mike gets back on Monday, and I can relax.  But I plan to spend the morning with Lovey and Nedi, then head over to Kathy's to cook a strawberry-apricot upside-down cake, and to make meat sauce and cook spaghetti for supper.  If the cake turns out well, I need to take a slice to Geary, as I've talked to him about the recipe.
  I'll write about what happens today - if anything - tomorrow.
  Have a great day!

No comments: