Thursday, May 24, 2012

Breezy

We had a nice thunder and lightning storm last night - so much so that I made sure I'd turned the PC off and turned off the power source, too.  It was 46 this morning, and breezy.  The breeze is still going, while the temperature has climbed to 55 - even so, I walked the red kids in jeans and a T-shirt this morning.  It's very warm in the sun and cool in the shade; the kits keep running in and out, trying to decide where they are most comfortable.  Nedi has found/made a new hidey-hole that is somewhere in the closet - he went in there with the first clap of thunder last night, and I didn't see him again until this morning.  Lovey, on the other hand, snuggled as close as she could get - I think she would have burrowed under my skin, if she could have done so. 
   I've been at the Thore house, and received detailed instructions on caring for the pets, house, plants, waterfall and garden for the next two plus weeks.  Then I walked Rosie and Remy, and ended up at the Snow house, so Remy could lay down and rest, and Mona could chase Rosie for another 30 minutes, trying to take Rose's blue squeaky bone away from her.  ...  I did make it to the library yesterday, and made a somewhat "splashy" entrance - I tripped over a paving stone and landed flat my face in front of the main doors.  Today my right knee and hand are sore, but (other than my dignity) I'm fine, otherwise. It's awfully embarrassing to feel yourself falling face forward, in slow motion, and hear other people around the entrance of the building gasp - and the kids laugh, asking why that lady fell down...  But I got 8 new books to read, so I was happy.
  I just realized that I missed seeing Tom Selleck's Jesse Stone movie that premiered Sunday night - I kept my TV on PBS and missed one of my favorite police chiefs.  ...  Tonight I'll be heading over to stay with the red kids again for a couple of hours, then I'll walk them in the morning, and move into the Thore house tomorrow afternoon. ... Kathy and Jim are still deciding on their options for the running of the Bolder Boulder on Monday - I'm pretty sure I'll be driving them to, or from, or both ways.  ...  And Creative Cause, who ran in the Derby and placed third in the Preakness, is going to skip the Belmont on June 9.  John Velasquez has been named as the jockey aboard Union Rags for the race.

No comments: