Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cool and Cloudy

Well, I was incorrect on two points in my blog yesterday - we were 40 degrees cooler, not 30, than Thursday; and I mistakenly reported that Black Caviar would run again on May 19th - she ran today, and won easily.  She is now a winner of 21 consecutive races, is undefeated, and is heading for the Royal Ascot meet in Great Britain.  The phenomenal mare races on the turf, usually at 6 or 7 furlongs.  And, Gemologist suffered a bruised foot during the Kentucky Derby, so he is out of the Triple Crown hunt, too.
   It's so cloudy that I can't see the base of the Foothills, or the Flatirons, that are less than a mile away.  The clouds are that low and thick.  I kept the kits inside most of yesterday, as there was a steady drizzle.  The roads are damp, but it's not even misting at the moment.  I've turned the kits out every morning lately with the admonition, "Have fun, but please don't kill any more bunnies."  There are about six to eight baby buns bouncing around the complex - even though their total was reduced by one by my kits.  Luckily, the poor thing's neck was expertly and instinctively broken at first bite (by Lovey), but then Nedi wanted to play with it.  Lovey mistakenly brought it in to me, for me to adjudicate - I took the prize completely away from both of them, and buried it in the bottom of the trash dumpster.
   Joel, the husband that owns Rosie and Remy, opened in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels last night to extremely good reviews (he plays the Police chief).  Nancy, the wife, has her opening night on Thursday, May 17.  ...  Yesterday, I walked the red kids, then walked both Mona and Boo (without Kathy) before the rain started. The weather front had Kathy in one of her "out-of-it" phases, where all she can do is mumble and sleep, so I'll be headed back there this morning to get her hair washed and in a new braid.  Jim is due home tomorrow night, and luckily, Mike's ankle wasn't broken, but is severely sprained, so he can drive the car to go pick Jim up from the airport on Sunday.
   And I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the following programs this past week: on CBS; NCIS, Person of Interest, CSI: New York, and  Blue Bloods; on NBC - Who Do You Think You Are?; and on PBS, Finding Your Roots.  And, of course, I loved all the old Western movies and series on Encore Westerns.
   ** Don't forget the FREE cat adoptions at the Boulder Valley Humane Society this weekend! **

No comments: