Saturday, May 19, 2012

I'll Have Another Wins Preakness

I'll Have Another (chestnut, on left) wins the Preakness Stakes this afternoon, beating Bodemeister (bay, on right) by a short neck.  Photo by Patrick Smith for Getty Images.

 My pick to win the Preakness did. Bodemeister led all the way again, and Mario Gutierrez sat chilly in the saddle until the top of the stretch.  I'll Have Another began to make up ground with each stride, catching Bodemeister about 100 feet from the finish line. Bodemeister hung tough, but I'll Have Another was a good head in front at the line.  Creative Cause finished third.  I'll have more tomorrow.
  In Lingerie, the filly who won the Black Eyed Susan Stakes (the fillies' equivalent of the Preakness) yesterday, is doing well.  She won the race Friday, but it was noticed that her left fore was bleeding heavily in the winner's circle.  She apparently grabbed a quarter coming out of the gate, and is sound and happy today, according to her trainer.

No comments: