Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Quiet Wednesday Morning

Boulder reached 89 degrees yesterday, breaking an 80-year-record.  Today, a front is passing through, and we hope to have a high temperature of 72.  It's grey outside, even though the sun is shining; there are just a few streaks of snow left on the Indian Peaks and Mount Audubon.  Forecasts are for thunder and lightning storms this afternoon, and then highs in the 60s for the rest of the week.  My kits are outside, observing the birds, squirrels and insects.  I stayed at home yesterday, read and did research.  One of my neighbors gave me an interesting job - find information on her birth parents.  I've been able to trace her maternal grandparents back to 1788; but her maternal grandfather appears from nowhere - no family history, no family ties, and not in any Census until after he marries the grandmother...  It's a fun puzzle.  I'll go to the library after walking the red kids today - first, because I need more books to read, and, second, to use Ancestry.com free on the library PCs.  Maybe I'll be able to find something else about the grandfather....
   Not much going on here - the Poudre Canyon fire is completely contained, and fire fighters are now performing clean-up details there in Larimer County.  ....  Peyton Manning appeared in a volunteer Broncos' three-day practice - the public wasn't allowed in, but the press was. ....  Meadowbrook Farm, the birth place of Triple Crown winner Secretariat, was sold several years ago to a group that was producing the Virginia State Fair.  The property went into foreclosure, and was sold again this week for $5.35 million. ....  I'll be staying at Lynn Thore's house beginning Friday; then switching over to the Munsinger home.
   This Monday the Bolder Boulder 10k race will be run - but, for once, I won't be sitting here at the edge of the parking lot and yelling to encourage the runners.  I'll be staying in North Boulder.  Kathy is scheduled to walk the course, and Jim is scheduled to run it.  It looks like I'll drive them in to a drop-off point near the starting line,  and will come pick them up when the race is over and the crowds have cleared a bit.  (I'll probably visit the kits Sunday night, and then again Monday evening...)

No comments: