Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Usual Mish-Mash

It started out nice and bright this morning - now clouds are coming in from the west, and some look like thunder storm doozies...  We are expecting thunderstorms this afternoon.  I'm definitely in favor of any precipitation we can get (just, please, not hail).  I've already exercised Rosie and Remy and have returned home; the kits were on the patio until a minute or so ago, when the maintenance man went by on the riding mower - now they're inside, peeking out through the curtains.  The weather folks say we'll hit 90 by the end of the week, and I'm ready for it:  I have my two fans unpacked and ready to go, once the warmth gets to be a little too much.
  I didn't have anything on my hallway door for the past month - yesterday I saw an iridescent metal gecko, and had to have it.  It's now on the front door, with it's tail curled around  the apartment number and name holder. ... The wildfire in Poudre Canyon has grown to be 1000 acres now.  People are still on alert to evacuate at any minute - and these afternoon thunderstorms are supposed to kick up the winds to 40+ mph, which will not be of any help to anyone.  ....  Denver is having a security drill today, with Nighthawk choppers making landings and hovering above public buildings.  And we had three choppers hovering over the CU campus for an hour this morning, doing a very detailed aerial survey.  It's been a little noisy.
   Pretty soon the post positions will be drawn for Saturday's Preakness, and I'll be able to look at names, pedigrees, and posts.  I know that Bodemeister and I'll Have Another, the one-two finishers in the Derby, will both be running.  That means I've got to dig deep for my analysis.   ...  I totally freaked out at the ending of the season finale for NCIS last night.  I like the group as an ensemble cast, but I really watch it just to look at two people - Mark Harmon and David McCallum.  When Duckie collapsed on the beach, with an incoming tide, I was completely horrified.  I even had trouble sleeping last night - and found myself saying,  "Not Duckie!  Anyone but Duckie!",  every time I turned over in bed.  -  Now I'll have to see what's in store for the season finale of Person of Interest on Thursday!

No comments: