Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Windy, Smoky Saturday

Yesterday it got pretty windy in the afternoon and evening...  I enjoyed my time with my kits yesterday, and had a ball with Tessa and the kits at Lynn's.  This morning, after watering the garden, I helped myself to a handful of fresh, ripe strawberries from the strawberry patch - golly, they were sweet!  The tomato plants are producing blooms, and the carrots are sprouting, as are the asparagus plants.  I would love to take Lovey and Nedi with me back to the house, but it will upset Lily too much.  The other kits and Tessa welcome my kits, but Lily is the queen of the house, and she dislikes change of any kind.  Lovey and Nedi are outside in the sun, running around and chasing each other like maniacs.  With the Bolder Boulder tomorrow, I'll come back and visit them again tonight, and then come back tomorrow afternoon.  The kits won't be thrilled, but I think that's the best option, and I've already told my buddies at Safeway that they will not see me in the morning.
   I've read two of the seven books I got at the library the other day, and am half-way through the third.  The air around here yesterday was terrible - the fire up in Poudre Canyon is now out, but we got the smoke from the wildfire in New Mexico that has burnt over 130 square miles.  We, of course, are under a fire and fireworks ban - and there's a fire on the west side of the mountains (the Paradox fire), that has burnt 3,000 acres in Colorado near the Utah border.  It looks pretty and clear outside this morning, while it was extremely hazy yesterday. I can still smell smoke in my apartment, this morning.
   I had to do a double-take and then read an article today - it was about an incident in Miami, Florida.  A woman driving across a causeway from Miami Beach Beach back to Miami, saw two men "fighting" alongside an exit ramp near the Miami Herald building.  One man was naked and was chewing on the face of the other, clothed, man.  Police arrived, and ordered the naked man to stop chewing, or eating, the other man's face.  The other man was screaming and struggling.  The naked man did not cease and desist, even after he had been shot twice.  Reports say that the policeman put at least 6 bullets into the naked man before he died - still chewing on the other man's face.  The victim of the attack was taken to a hospital and is in critical condition, having had "almost half of his face eaten" by the naked assailant.  Now I remember why I try to avoid Miami, when I visit Florida....
  

No comments: