Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Morning Sun

It looks like the beginning of a gorgeous week; even though I still want rain.  The sun is shining, it's in the low 60s, crows and ravens are calling, robins and sparrows are singing, squirrels are talking, and my kits are outside, observing all of it.  I've had a turkey and sage sausage and a mango-pineapple smoothie for breakfast; and have taken care of the critters, plants and gardens at both houses I'm caring for.  I need to be back at one by 8:30 to let the housekeeper inside, then I'll walk next door and grab the red kids for their walk.  Sister Kathy begins work again today - her first day back since she broke her shoulder on April 14.  Sunflower is "easing" her back into work - this week, instead of working 10 to 6, Monday through Friday, she'll be working from 10 to 2 on each day except Wednesday, when she'll be off, to assess her strength.  And if her left arm gives her problems, she can cut back her scheduled hours of work; they are really being kind to her rehabilitation work.
   I've read all of my library books, and need to go visit that public institution again.  Since I'm not at home, I'm not getting any work done on the Snow and Sanborn family tree on-line.  That's the only "bad" thing about being away from home - except for the awful part of not being with the kits as much as I want to be.  I really don't think that Lovey and Nedi would mind moving into the house with Tessa, Lily, Dhisana, and Lyra; but I know that Lily would be upset, and, as she is queen of the house, I don't want to upset her.
    I'm also looking into the birth parents of a friend who was adopted - I've been able to trace her mothers families to England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Germany, France, and South Africa.  I've just discovered her father's information, and will soon be at work on his roots.
    Saturday is the running of the Belmont Stakes.  I really hope that I'll Have Another becomes the newest Triple Crown winner.   And I'm also looking forward to July 25  and 26 - this year's dates of the annual Chincoteague Pony Penning and auction.  As always, I'll want to be there.....

No comments: