Monday, July 16, 2012

After 8 Years, Am I a Boulderite?

As I was waiting for the bus this morning, eating eating my half bagel with cream cheese, I began to wonder if I am really becoming a Boulderite.  It was 7:30, and I was on my way to walk the red kids - wearing jean shorts, a T with my last name on it, a large floppy hat made of recycled paper and plastic, my sun glasses, SPF 30 sun block, and a pair of Crocs sandals.  I think it was the Crocs sandals that made me wonder....  normally, I wear New Balance walking shoes or my Lands End Mary Janes, but today I chose the Crocs.  I only purchased my Crocs last week - I finally found a pair that fit my very wide feet, and I have to admit they are very comfortable and look pretty good.  Hmmmm....
   My kits are doing well - Nedi has started sleeping under the bed again, instead of in  the closet; and Lovey sleeps next to me, or follows me down to Nancy's patio.  Ramsah is hanging in there - we're managing to keep her weight at just about 11 pounds, but Nancy keeps panicking if she won't eat something every hour. I know she is doing her best to do what is best for Ramsah, but her panic attacks are starting to affect me, causing migraines.  And Nancy is frequently losing her temper because of Ramsah's illness, and the stress of her mother's illness, etc, etc, etc...  I just don't need any more stress than I already have - but she's a friend in need, and I like her and her cats.
   When Rosie and Remy and I arrived at the Snow back yard this morning, we found that a huge tree limb had fallen out of the 60-year-old cottonwood -  Kathy said that on Saturday afternoon, she heard this loud "CRACK" sound, and then the limb came down.  She warned me not to sit under the tree today...  Mona and Boo had fun chasing each other this morning, while Rosie and Remy stayed busy putting the fear of dogs into the squirrels.  If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes (and Kathy saw it, too), I wouldn't have believed that I saw a squirrel throw a partially eaten apple at Rosie, and it "bonked" her on the head, like in Mutts and Rose Is Rose (comic strips).  And the "hurt" look Rosie cast my way when I laughed was just priceless!
   Oh, well...  I am me, and a Gator/Ram/Gainesvillian/Chincoteaguer to boot.  At least I know who I am.

No comments: