Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July

In 1776, the Continental Congress voted in favor of declaring the 13 colonies independent from Great Britain.  That was on July second.  But the public was presented with a printed "Declaration of Independence" on July 4 - which is why we celebrate on this date.  I am very proud to live in the United States of America, and am happy that a lot of my forebears have defended this country - both before and after our declared independence.
   Today is warm and hazy. No new fires in Colorado that I know of.  Yesterday I "explored" by driving up Magnolia Drive from Boulder Canyon to Nederland.  It was breath-takingly beautiful.  This morning, I treated myself by driving up Lee Hill Road, onto the Olde Stage Road, and then up Lefthand Canyon to the village of Ward.  Again, some of the views took my breath away.  It felt right, looking at local areas that I had never seen before, as a celebration on our Independence Day...
View from Olde Stage Road, looking east (Boulder,CO)

No comments: