Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hot - Just Plain Hot

It is just plain hot here.  If I were still living in Florida or Virginia, I'd really laugh at that statement; but I've become accustomed to the dry weather here over the past 8 years, and right now, it's 75 degrees with 38% humidity outside, and I am sweating like stink!  Yuck.  I've taken care of Sasquatch and Tugger, and have fed the Thore critters and walked Tessa.  My patio door is open, but Lovey is sprawled out in the sling chair, and Nedi is lying on the tile floor.  I have both of my fans running on medium speed.  Believe me, I do know that it is much warmer at my favorite places in Florida and Virginia, and on days like this in Boulder I wonder how I survived the heat and humidity of the east coast.
  Chincoteague ponies are being rounded up as I blog, and the US Equestrian team is getting settled in England.  I want to be in both places.  I want to be at Tom's Cove on Assateague in the heat and humidity, wearing a thick coating of Deep Woods Off!, and leaning against the Holding Pens wooden fence, with my camera and a huge bottle of cold water.  I also want to be in London - more specifically, Greenwich - so I could wander about and see the layout of the equestrian competitions.  I want to look at the arenas where the Dressage and Stadium Jumping will be held, and I'd love to be able to walk the entire Cross-Country course for the Three Day Eventing test.  (I'm also interested in the Track and Field, Swimming and Diving competitions - but the critters always take first place in my attention.) 
   Today, I'll be rooting for Tiger Woods in his golf tournament, and I'll be thinking about the folks who have displays at the Boulder Summer Arts Festival - but I plan on staying inside, until I go take care of the Clark boys again tonight.
   I hope you have a calm and peaceful Sunday.

No comments: