Sunday, July 29, 2012

July Dog Days (For Me)

I spent yesterday running between Rosie and Remy, Brandi, and Peach.  Today it's just Brandi and Peach - but I'm currently at home with my kits, and I plan on spending a couple of hours with them.  Lovey is sitting on the corner of the desk, as usual, and Nedi has been running in and out, with frequent stops for a chin and chest scratch.  Brandi and I slept like rocks last night - and Peach and I had a great walk early this morning.
   Yesterday, I saw the TV coverage of the Eventing dressage test, and hope to see the second part today.  I also saw the last 40 miles of the men's road race, and watched Boulder's Taylor Phinney finish in fourth place.  I've just finished reading James Rollins' Blood Line, Randy Wayne White's Chasing Midnight, and Linda Fairstein's Night Watch.  I highly recommend all three books, if you like a good mystery-suspense-thriller read.  Once I read Catherine Coulter's new FBI thriller, Back Fire, I'll have to revisit the public library for new reads.
  I now wish I was in England, watching the Equestrian tests of the Olympics - I can smell the River Thames, see the "Cutty Sark" and "Gypsy Moth" there at Greenwich, and I hear the rhythmic cadence of horses performing their dressage tests....  I can't get horses and ponies out of my blood...

No comments: