Thursday, July 5, 2012

Smokey - Due to Wyoming Fires

Yesterday ended up being very smoky and hazy - not from the Waldo Canyon fire, or the other fires burning in western Colorado, but because of three fires in Wyoming.  The closest fire is the 9,000+ acre Squirrel Creek fire; then there are the 88,000+ acre Arapaho and the 56,000+ acre Oil Creek fires.  We are experiencing a slight "cold system" and the wind is coming from the north. At noon yesterday, I could barely see the Flatirons from my apartment - and, up in North Boulder, I could barely see the foothills and Ranger Hat ridge.  We were under a Health Advisory yesterday, and it has been extended through today, due to the poor air conditions.
   I'm currently at home, but will soon take off to walk the red kids, and then return home.  I brought all my gear home from Maggie May's this morning, get to spend tonight in my own bed, and then move in with Rosie and Remy tomorrow.  Once their owners return, I have 12 whole nights at  home with Lovey and Nedi.  It will be great.  I've missed the little ones.  Poor Maggie - she kept talking to me while I was reading yesterday, and I kept calling her Lovey.  I'm sure she didn't appreciate it!  (Maggie's family returns home just after noon today.)
   The good news is that the Waldo Canyon fire is now 90% contained, and that I didn't have to call the Sheriff's Office last night.  Normally the neighbor behind me at Maggie's sets off fireworks, whether it's legal or not.  It was a delightful change not to have to report him this year, when the minimum fine was $1,000......

No comments: