Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Drink, Therapy, and Dreams

Oh, dear....  I've found another beverage that I like - and it's from Starbuck's.  I tried their Cool Lime Refresher today, made with a slice of lime, lime juice, and "green coffee extract."  I certainly got more of a caffeine buzz from half of this drink than I get from 12 ounces of Coca-Cola.  It certainly is an 'energizer' type of drink - and it tastes wonderfully delicious, too.  (I had been prowling the aisles of Safeway, looking for something for lunch and/or supper, when I heard my friend Patrick announce that Starbuck's was having a special on this new drink.  Ummm-ummm...  Glad I wandered over to the kiosk and surprised Patrick and Joy by actually ordering something!
   Lovey would not leave me alone when I returned home yesterday.  She had to be the center of my attention at all times, while Nedi was happy getting a little bit of love, leaving, and then getting more love.  Lovey slept on my chest last night - I wonder if she thinks her 11 pounds can keep me pinned to the mattress?  This morning I saw my therapist, and we laughed a lot.  We both were pointing fingers at each other and declaring that what the other had said wasn't "proper."  But that's OK - it's the second time in 8 years of visits that I actually felt good.  So we had a very pleasant session.
   I laughed and told her how I had purchased two PowerBall tickets for the $327 million prize, and then, knowing the odds were trillions to one of me winning, I looked at properties for sale on Chincoteague.  I decided that I wanted to buy 6 different houses and a 26-acre plot of land, and become a beach cottage landlord-mogul.  There was one house I would live in, one I would keep for friends and visitors, and I'd lease the other 4 out during the summer boom.  What a laugh.  At least I spent only $4 on the two tickets, and I won $12...  even though it would have been nice to go back to the island with some real money....
   I'm continuing to walk the red kids, and on Saturday, I start attending Ooch twice a day; then on the first, I move in with Skipper for the Labor Day weekend.  Should be quiet, but interesting, and I hope the family leaves me with the use of a car...  they live a mile from the closest bus stop - but I can walk it with no problem - it's just nice to have the convenience of wheels.  I haven't yet looked up all of my football teams schedules, and printed them out; that's the only item on my "to do list" today.  Then I can decide who I'll try to watch, and when.  With five college teams and three pro teams to watch, it might get pretty hectic this fall...  Maybe, even, exciting?

No comments: